How to install & configure Solaris10 NIS Server
No, it's a self study for Naming Service Solaris 10 administrator – MUE Feb 7 '13 at 6:34 Unless you are going to work on a site still using nis+, studying it is essentially a waste of time. It is no more provided with the latest Solaris release.... Determining a User's Default Project: To log in to the system, a user must be assigned a default project. A user is automatically a member of that default project, even if the user is not in the user or group list specified in that project.
basically tech >>> Solaris 8 NIS installation and
Do not create a group with the same name as the user, but add the user to the group specified by the -g option or by the GROUP variable in /etc/default/useradd. The default behavior (if the -g , -N , and -U options are not specified) is defined by the USERGROUPS_ENAB variable in /etc/login.defs .... The Solaris 10 OS offers unique User and Process Rights Management technology to reduce risks by granting users and applications only the minimum capabilities needed to perform their duties. Unlike other solutions, the Solaris 10 OS requires no application changes to take advantage of these security enhancements. Solaris applications, running on 64-bit SPARC®, AMD™, and Intel processors
Solaris 10 and Active Directory Integration Scott's Weblog
Here we will see how to activate the SAR on Solaris 10. Schedule the SAR reports via crontab: To run those scripts regularly during the business hours , we need to enable the three lines, in the crontab of the user … how to become better socially Below procedure gives the steps to configure NIS Master Server, Slave Server and Client services in both solaris 9 and Solaris 10 Configuring NIS Master Server You must login as root. 1. Define the NIS domainname. # domainname example-domain –> “example-domain” is the domain name. It...
Solarisâ„¢ 10 Operating System and Security oracle.com
This nisaddcred command is for NIS+. If your mean the good old NIS (yellow pages), user accounts are created by populating the NIS password file and running make while being in the /var/yp directory. how to create a note in slack The Network Information Service, or NIS (originally called Yellow Pages or YP), is a client–server directory service protocol for distributing system configuration data such as user and host names between computers on a computer network.
How long can it take?
Adding users in Solaris 11 with power like the initial account
- Trying to get NIS up LinuxQuestions.org
- Adding Users with Solaris Management Console MoonPoint
- How to create a new user on solaris 10 Experts Exchange
- How to Set a Solaris 11 Machine's NIS Domain Name Blogger
How To Create Nis User In Solaris 10
In Solaris 10, pwck and grpck can be used to check the passwd and group files; the commands can take a parameter which is the name of the file to check which is useful if the source files for NIS are located in a directory other than /etc.
- 18/06/2008 · NIS alternate directory will be created in /mynis folder It will copy the configuration files from /etc to /mynis folder edit the Makefile and passwd,shadow files then run ypinit -m command for NIS …
- 95 Solaris: NIS installation and configuration Wednesday 5th September, 2007 (This article has been updated from the original, which focused on Solaris 8 only, to include Solaris 10-specific entries.
- Administering NIS Users. This section includes information about setting user passwords, adding new users to an NIS domain, and assigning users to netgroups. How to Add a New NIS User to an NIS Domain. Become an administrator on the NIS master server. For more information, see How to Obtain Administrative Rights in Oracle Solaris Administration: Security Services. Create the new user's login
- Network Information System (NIS) is designed to centralize administration of UNIX ®-like systems such as Solaris ™, HP-UX, AIX ®, Linux, NetBSD, OpenBSD, and FreeBSD. NIS was originally known as Yellow Pages but the name was changed due to trademark issues.